2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup white onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup corn fresh corn kernels
3 medium zucchini, diced
1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
8 warm corn tortillas
½ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, and add onions. Sauté until they become fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, sauté for another minute.
2. Add zucchini and cook until tender, 5-7 minutes. Add corn, sauté another 3 minutes.
3. Add black beans, cumin and black pepper. Season with salt to taste.
4. Assemble tacos, top with cheese and pico de gallo.
4-6 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 small onion, diced
1 jalapeno (seeded if desired), minced
¼ cup cilantro, coarsely shopped
1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Combine ingredients in bowl. Season with salt to taste.
12 oz whole wheat spaghetti
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 jalapeno, minced (with or without seeds)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoons sesame oil
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium zucchini, cut into ribbons
1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
1 bunch Swiss chard, cut into chiffonade
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Bring water to boil, and cook noodles. Drain, rinse with cold water.
2. Combine olive oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, jalapeno, and honey in a bowl. Whisk thoroughly.
3. Heat oil in medium sauté pan. Add zucchini and bell peppers. Saute 2-3 minutes or until slightly tender. Add Swiss chard, sauté for another minute. Remove from heat.
4. Combine veggies, noodles, and dressing in a bowl. Add green onions and toss thoroughly. Serve in bowls.
1 cucumber, peeled & grated
8 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
1. Measure 8 cups of water and place into a pitcher.
2. Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
3. For the limes – roll the limes with the palm of your hand to help them loosen up and release more juice. Add the juice of your limes to the pitcher.
4. Wash and grate one cucumber that has been peeled.
5. Add the cucumber to the pitcher and mix well.
6. Place in the refrigerator to cool or serve over ice. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 1/2 pounds berries (your choice), washed and picked over
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F. Butter a 10-inch porcelain tart dish, and fill with berries. Set aside.
2. Sift flour and salt together into a large bowl. Add sugar.
3. Whisk together whole eggs, egg yolks, milk, cream, and vanilla.
4. Using a sieve, strain the batter over the berries. Bake until puffed and browned, about 45 minutes. Let cool until warm; it will sink slightly.