1 cucumber, peeled & grated
8 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
1. Measure 8 cups of water and place into a pitcher.
2. Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
3. For the limes – roll the limes with the palm of your hand to help them loosen up and release more juice. Add the juice of your limes to the pitcher.
4. Wash and grate one cucumber that has been peeled.
5. Add the cucumber to the pitcher and mix well.
6. Place in the refrigerator to cool or serve over ice. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 1/2 pounds berries (your choice), washed and picked over
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F. Butter a 10-inch porcelain tart dish, and fill with berries. Set aside.
2. Sift flour and salt together into a large bowl. Add sugar.
3. Whisk together whole eggs, egg yolks, milk, cream, and vanilla.
4. Using a sieve, strain the batter over the berries. Bake until puffed and browned, about 45 minutes. Let cool until warm; it will sink slightly.
1 pint strawberries, stems removed, halved or quartered
1 pint blueberries
1 pint raspberries
1 pint blackberries
Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
1 to 2 tablespoons honey
3 cups heavy cream, chilled
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, lemon juice, and honey, occasionally redistributing the ingredients. Let macerate for 30 minutes, or refrigerate until ready to use.
2. In a separate medium bowl, whisk the heavy cream to a stiff peak. Chill until ready to use.
3. In an 8-ounce glass, add 2 tablespoons mixed berries followed by 2 tablespoons whipped cream. Repeat layers and lightly sprinkle top cream layer with lemon zest. Repeat step until you have a total of 12 servings. Serve immediately.
3 cups cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups well-shaken buttermilk
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder and soda, and salt.
3. Beat together eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry ones.
5. Lightly grease muffin pan
6. Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling about ¾ of the way up.
7. Bake until golden and a tester inserted in center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes total.